Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bro

I can't describe how it feels to finally know that my brother is coming to town. A year in America without any immediate family has been hard as hell. No one knows how it feels until you experience it yourself. Being away from home and close friends in your life is tough. Experiencing things for the first time in your life without the presence of the people you love is difficult. 

I found my first ever paid job in this country, learned how to pay for my own tuition and bills, learned how to cook and use the oven, learned how to do laundry and fold them without using flat iron, learned to take care of the elderly who are not even related to me, learned how to change diapers and bear the unpleasant smell, learned to clean houses that are not even mine, learned to commute around LA where everyone else drive their own car, learned how to work 7 days a week and be able to go to school twice a week and spend itsy-bitsy spare time with my boyfriend, learned about my rights and how I should fight for myself, learned how to live life alone and be able to know things by asking  and Google-ing. 

Then my brother arrived and I was the happiest person in town. "At last, at last" that's all I could feel. I was so excited to show him around and show him what I do and stuff. The feeling is like "Finally! someone is here to understand and experience the things that i did." 


No comments:

Post a Comment