Instagram

Instagram

Monday, September 10, 2012

A-dog-able Pepper

This is the story behind our first dog Pepper.

I was having a regular day at work when my co-worker told me that her dog gave birth and there were 2 puppies left-- a brown puppy and a black puppy. She explained to me that the dad is 100% miniature poodle while the mom is a Maltipoo. I was already imagining what it looked like--- those fluffy nose and curly grandma-like hair.

I was so damn excited to see and cuddle these puppies, but there was no chance that I could buy them because I had no place for one. I then texted my boyfriend which was definitely a good idea!!. He was so excited he definitely want one too! I told my boyfriend that I want to get the brown one because I fell in love with my co-worker's story, she told me it's the cutest, it has hazel eyes and the color is not common-- it's like chocolate brown.

We meet up after work and my co-worker showed us the puppies. The brown one caught my attention because the color was just lovely and the eyes are amazing. But due to the fact that the brown one with hazel eyes was too cute, her mom wanted to keep it-- leaving only the black one on the market. Then, we met this black puppy who was so shy, timid yet smart. She was not playful but she kept wagging her tail. She already knew how to sit and shake hands that day. I was disappointed at first because I wanted the brown one. But my boyfriend doesn't want to go home without taking home anything, so we ended up getting the black one.

We then put her in a box at the car and she was just sleeping like a baby. I fell in love with her right away when I carried her as she slept on my lap comfortably, as if no one is going to harm her because she's with her mom. We then dine at KFC at Eagle rock and we were thinking of a name. So we get to choose our drinks first, Pepsi or Dr. pepper? Then I realized my guy loves Dr. Pepper so much and the dog color is just like soda, so we called her Pepper! As simple as that, we couldn't find any other name that suits her. 

Pepper is truly a blessing! She is definitely loved by this family and our family will not be complete without her. 

I got this photo at Jennifer's Facebook.  This was Pepper's first ever picture a month before we got her!!!
Before taking her to the vet for her first puppy shots. 
Pepper's latest photo at her 1st year and 8th month.

No comments:

Post a Comment